Saturday, March 13th, 2021 by Tom Wardlow
April Showers Bring...
Sump pump failure is the most frequent cause of basement floods. The arrival of spring means the snow is melting, the ground is thawing, and heavy rains are on their way, which creates the perfect storm for that flooding to occur. If your home has a sump pump, you’ve already got a great defense against water damage and flooding.
If you don't have a sump pump, getting one installed is the first step you need to take to protect your basement. If this is you, call us right away to schedule a free estimate so we can get that taken care of.
If you have an outdated sump pump or if you have concerns about it working properly, call us right away to schedule a free estimate for replacing that old sump pump with a new, reliable sump pump system.
If you have a sump pump that was installed by Sure-Dry, call us today to schedule an annual maintenance visit, and we'll make sure that your sump system is working properly.
Below outlines just some of the things our Service Technicians will do during a maintenance visit to ensure that your sump pump system is providing your home's basement or crawl space with optimal protection:
- Make sure the sump pump is plugged in and the GFCI Breaker (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) is ready for operation.
- Inspect pit for any debris that might be in the pit, or debris that could obstruct the on and off float.
- Inspect and clean the 3/16” weep hole in the discharge pipe to prevent a possible airlock situation.
- Add water to the pit to verify that the pump is turning on and off properly.
- If your sump system is equipped with a battery backup:
Bottom line: to avoid spring showers causing your basement to flood, you need a properly working sump pump system. Whether you currently don't have a sump pump, have an outdated sump pump you are concerned about, or have a sump system Sure-Dry installed, call us today and we'll make sure your basement is protected this spring!